Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Flying Home

Wednesday – September 15, 2010

I am writing this ahead of time so you will know our schedule. Our flight leave Nairobi tonight at 11:00pm. Russ, Stephen and I are on the same flight together to Brussels where we will arrive approximately 7:00am local time. From there we will split up. Russ and Stephen will leave Brussels and fly to Newark, New Jersey, and after a two hour layover will board another plane that will take them back to Minneapolis. Jennifer Schmitt will pick them up there for the trip back to Mankato.

I will be heading a different direction from Brussels. After a two hour layover in Brussels I will be making the short one hour flight to Frankfort, Germany. I should arrive there at around 10:00am local time. At 12:15pm I will be departing Germany for the long, 10 hour flight back to Atlanta. My itinerary says this is an overnight flight, even though I will arrive at 4:30pm local time in Atlanta, the same day! It is still a long flight. I haven’t traveled on Lufthansa before, but I’ve heard that it is a good airline. I guess I’ll can let you know when I arrive back home.

As for Mike, he will be staying here in Kenya. He will be here for at least six months, and most likely longer. He will be working with the church near Moi’s Bridge, Kenya, but will also be assisting on a one week a month basis at the seminaries in Kisii and Nairobi. You can follow his work by checking out his blog at www.emmausmilimanimission.tumblr.com. Please keep him in your prayers, as well as all our churches here in East Africa. May the Word of the Lord grow and prosper!

Thank you all for your support of our work in East Africa and throughout the world. Thank you for your thoughts, encouragement, and prayers. What a blessing you all have been to me and to the people here. I can’t tell you how many times members here have said, “Please take our greetings to the CLC back home.” – So please receive the greetings from your brothers and sister in East Africa, and their gratitude for all that you are doing for the work of the gospel here among them!

In His service,

Nathanael
“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress; instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle; and it shall make a name for the LORD, an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.” – Isaiah 55:10-13

No comments: