Friday, August 3, 2012

2012 East Africa Visitation Begins

August 3, 2012

I feel like I have been in a whirlwind the last few days.  On Wednesday night I flew out of Atlanta for the start of my month-long East Africa visitation.  This year I traveled to Nairobi with an 10 hour layover in London.  I have to be honest.... The layover gave me my first opportunity to see any of this year's Olympics, and I was able to watch it just outside the very city where it was taking place!  Thursday night I boarded another 777 for my second overnight flight in as many days, this time to Nairobi.  I arrived safely at 6:00am local time (Eastern Time + 7 hours).  Russ had a rougher time of it.  He flew through Amsterdam, but had a 17 hour layover.  He arrived in Nairobi safely this evening at 8pm.  Jemima was ready and eager to pick me up from the airport, feed me, give me a place to clean up (even though she just hosted the members of the CLC Mission Helper Team three days earlier!) and even set me up with a driver to get some needed errands done while I waited for Russ to arrive.  I was able to pick up Swahili Catechisms, Swahili Book of Concords, and some other Swahili materials in preparation for the teaching I will be doing in the coming weeks.  I also booked two tickets for Russ and myself from Nairobi to Arusha for tomorrow morning.  It was a wearing day driving all over Nairobi on only 5 hours of bad sleep in over 48 hours, but it was good to get it done and out of the way.  Tomorrow we begin in earnest.  Our tentative schedule is copied below, but is subject to change as circumstances dictate....  Please remember the work here in your prayers over the coming weeks.  May the Lord's will be done and His Kingdom come!

In His service,

Nathanael


Tentative Itinerary for Africa Trip 2012


Fri. - Aug. 3 Nathanael arrives in Nairobi (6:30 am arrival on the 3rd)
Russ arrives at 8:15pm
Sat. - Aug. 4 Travel to Arusha
Sun. - Aug 5 Church in Arusha / Travel to Moshi
Mon. - Aug 6 Moshi
Tues. - Aug 7 Moshi
Wed. - Aug 8 Arusha seminary
Thur. - Aug 9 Arusha seminary
Fri. - Aug 10 Arusha seminary
Sat. - Aug 11 Travel to Tanga
Sun. - Aug 12 Tanga
Mon. - Aug 13 Tanga
Tues. - Aug 14 Travel to Kajaido
Wed. - Aug 15 Kajiado seminary
Thur. - Aug 16 Kajiado seminary
Fri. - Aug 17 Kajiado seminary
Sat. - Aug 18 Kajiado seminary
Sun. - Aug 19 Kajiado (travel to Nairobi)
Mon. - Aug 20 Travel to Kisii
Tues. - Aug 21 Chotororo seminary
Wed. - Aug 22 Chotororo seminary
Thur. - Aug 23 Chotororo seminary (Russ travels to Nairobi)
Fri. - Aug 24 Chotororo seminary (Russ leaves for US - 8:15 am)
Sat. - Aug 25 Chotororo seminary
Sun. - Aug 26 Church in Kisii area / prep for Pastoral Conference
Mon. - Aug 27 General Pastoral Conference begins in Kisii
Tues. - Aug 28 General Pastoral Conference continues
Wed. - Aug 29 Travel to Nairobi / Leave Nairobi to US (11:45pm departure)
Thur. - Aug 30 Arrive in Atlanta (7:10pm arrival)


2 comments:

maaswife said...

Praying you get some much needed rest soon dear brother! God bless!

Missionary Mayhew said...

Anna, after a few days on the road I am still worn out but feeling much more rested (if that makes any sense). We will settle in Arusha on Wednesday and be there for a few days so we should be able to get into more of a routine there.... Thank you for your prayers!