Monday, October 10, 2011

Back in the States again

Monday, October 10th, 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know that Russ and I safely made it back to the states this morning after a very long flight from Addis Ababa.  

Sunset over Nairobi from "The Blue Nile" was beautiful - is it just because I'm heading home?

After leaving Ethiopia we had a five and a half hour flight to Rome, Italy where the pilots were exchanged for some fresh ones.  It was 3:30am there local time when we arrived.  We stayed in our seats for the hour in Rome, and then we were off again.  

The lit up city of the port city of Taranto, Italy (I believe) at 3:00am local time.

This time it was a nine and a half hour flight to Washington DC.  Over 15 hours in the same seat is too long!  I was glad to be back in the states, but I think I was even more glad to get off that plane!  That was too much time with "The Blue Nile" - Ethiopian Airlines newest aircraft.  From here Russ returns to Minneapolis and then back to Mankato.  I head on to St. Louis for our Southeastern Pastoral Conference which begins tomorrow morning and goes until Thursday noon.  Then I will get to (finally) return home.

Thanks again for all your prayers.  Please continue to remember our work in East Africa in your prayers, as well as our work throughout the world.  May the name of our Savior be spread and His kingdom come!

In His service,

Nathanael

No comments: