Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday, November 11th - Goodbye to Himo

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today was our last day teaching at the seminary. I wanted to have a full day teaching, but with all the graduation preparations for this Friday, I only had a half a day for class. We arrived at 10:00 when class was supposed to start, but our translator wasn’t there. We had to wait 45 minutes before he arrived, but Russ had a little session with them anyway! When Pastor Shenkalekwa arrived I collected the homework from the previous day and corrected it while Russ presented a study on the 10 plagues. It was a study that Bruce had done up in Kisii, and Russ did a good job with it.

When he was finished I handed back the homework and went through a study on the Apostles Creed showing that what we confess in that Creed is clearly taught in Scripture. We closed our session at 12:30 with a final hymn and prayer. After our session I had a few meetings with various students and with Pastor Shenkalekwa. Finally we said our goodbye to the sem students and caught our final bus back to Moshi!

It was after 2:00 when we arrived at the hotel, so we decided to grab a quick bite to eat before people started showing up for meetings. I had scheduled several meetings with people in Moshi before we leave town tomorrow. I had spaghetti (which had become one of my food staples here - not because it is great, but because it is better then the other options!) and Russ had pepper steak (it was pretty tough).

As it turned out, only one of my meetings turned out. All the others cancelled or were rescheduled to tomorrow morning. I was really hopping to be done with all this today, but I guess not. So tomorrow I have a couple of meetings early in the morning before we leave town at 11:00am. We pray that it all goes well and everything is able to be taken care of before we leave.
I’ll let you know more tomorrow! Our trip is almost at an end, only three days remain...

In Christ

Nathanael

No comments: